Spanish Consecutive Court Interpreter
Calling All Spanish Court Interpreters!
Do you have Spanish interpreting experience in a legal setting? Metlang is seeking experienced Spanish consecutive court interpreters for legal proceedings to include, but not limited to, proffers, arraignments, depositions, hearings, trial pep, trials, etc.
Established in 1990 as veteran owned U.S. government contractor, Metlang has become the premier provider of forensic interpretation and translation services to federal agencies that comprise the U.S. Department of Justice. Metlang maintains a comprehensive roster of highly qualified federal court certified interpreters throughout the country in over 100 languages and dialects. We take pride in building long term relationships with our court interpreters while providing competitive pay. The Spanish Consecutive Court Interpreter pay rate is $50/hour with a 2 hour minimum. This is a 1099 position.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Interpret: To translate orally, either consecutively or simultaneously, from source language to target language.
- In consecutive interpreting, the interpreter speaks after the source-language speaker has finished speaking. When the speaker pauses or finishes speaking, the interpreter then renders a portion of the message or the entire message in the target language.
- In simultaneous interpreting, the interpreter renders the message in the target-language as quickly as he/she/they can formulate it from the source language, while the source-language speaker continuously speaks.
- Transcribe: To render the spoken word of a language into the written form of the same language.
- Translate: To render the spoken or written word of one language into the written form of another language.
- Analyze: To examine, methodically and in detail, the constitution of information for purposes of explanation and interpretation.
- 2 years or more consecutive and/or simultaneous Spanish interpreting experience.
- Consecutive court interpretation experience required.
- Expert level fluency in English and Spanish.
- Ability to interpret legal concepts and forensic terminology, as well as regional and cultural variations in slang and colloquialisms accurately, without changes, omissions, or additions.
- Ability to work independently and engage directly with clients in a professional manner.
- Capable of working well under pressure while maintaining the appropriate tone, speed, and projection of the speaker.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, computer software and applications in English and Spanish.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an Interpreter to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. They include the ability to talk, hear, see, sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate keys on a keyboard or telephone pad, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Interpreter Position.
Metlang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran or disability.
At Metlang LLC/Metropolitan Interpreters and Translators, Inc., we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact our Human Resources Department at: 1-800-421-0303 for further assistance.